Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2014

2am family bed

It's 2:00am and I'm happy to be awake.

My husband's been working night shift and has taken some time off, so we caught up on some of our shows tonight. He headed up about 130 and i took a shower.  Usually both my kids have woken up by now either one after the other or both at the same time and I'm ripping my hair out trying to get them back to bed so i can sleep! Tonight my almost 1yo woke up when i came up to bed, so i nursed him. Not two minutes into it i see Abby in the monitor heading up here. I say to hubby,who's not asleep yet, "he here she comes! You want to get her or me? Or should wet let her in bed?"  She comes up, stands by the bed, blankie in hand, thumb in mouth,quiet.  I lift her up and lay her between us, while Charlie continues to nurse.  Hubby cuddles up to her,she cuddles up to me.
I sit propped upon a pillow, my boy laying on me attached to my breast, his arm laying across my chest, his hand gently placed on my shoulder.  My sweet girl reaches over to give her brother a kiss on his arm. I am in awe. i don't want to let go of this precious moment. My whole family in such a small space, quiet, content, sleepy.  I breath. I'm tired but can't close my eyes. I'll pay for it tomorrow at my niece and nephews birthday party, but i don't care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment