Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Okinawa, Japan

Well, 10 years at this base (my first base, and close to my family) and a few short years from retirement, Jon got orders overseas! I was sure he'd retire here. I never thought he'd get orders anywhere, let alone back to his first duty station that he loved so much.
Back in August I got a text from Jon saying we'd have to "sell the house sooner than we thought"...  and that was it! I finally told him not to leave me in suspense and that's when he told me he was getting orders to Kadena AB in Okinawa! I was in the back of a greyhound bus with 2-week-old Geraldine just leaving Operation Shower (more on that here) with about 20 women that I didn't even know!
Of course, I called my mom who I talk to about every little thing that goes on in my life!
She was not thrilled... in fact, she cried.
I did not think that one through. I guess I was just in shock and needed to tell someone, and she's my go-to, my BFF...
I'm sad that she's sad, and I  completely understand why she is.
I'm sad because it's going to be incredibly hard to be so far from my family.
I'm scared because, well, we'll be living in a foreign country!
I'm nervous because, well, we'll be living in a foreign country!
I'm overwhelmed with all that has to be done.
I'm also excited for the opportunity for us as a family and for our kids. How many kids get the opportunity to live in a foreign country?!

No comments:

Post a Comment